- Silicone rubber in the field of insulators in composite applications
- At present, the external insulation materials of power transmission and transformation equipment mainly include ceramics, EPDM rubber, epoxy resin and silicone rubber. Since silicone rubber has outstanding advantages in cracking resistance, water repellency, antifouling, tracking resistance and electrical corrosion resistance, it has gradually replaced other materials and has become the first choice for composite insulators. The latest research has found that adding a small amount of siloxane oligomer can give silicone rubber for composite insulators stable and long-lasting hydrophobic migration. When used with siloxane oligomers with different degrees of polymerization, silicone rubber has better In addition to the hydrophobic mobility, the hydrophobic durability and aging resistance are also greatly improved. The hydrophobic mobility of the samples after 2500h and 5000h has basically not changed significantly.
- Application of silicone rubber in the field of cable accessories
- The various terminal heads and intermediate connectors in the cable line are collectively called cable accessories. Cable accessories are necessary devices to connect cables and equipment to achieve power transmission. The application and development of silicone rubber in cable accessories has gone through three stages of heat shrinkage, prefabrication and cold shrinkage. Silicone rubber cable accessories currently on the market are basically cold-shrinkable. Silicone rubber for separable shielded cable accessories of 10~35 kV network, not only has high insulation resistance, but also does not lose elasticity when used continuously for more than 20 years at -50 ~ 180 ℃, but also has good thermal conductivity and resistance. Water-based and excellent mechanical properties. Thermal aging characteristics are an important factor influencing the operating reliability of silicone rubber for extra-high voltage cable accessories.
- Application of silicone rubber in the field of anti-pollution flashover coatings
- Increased environmental pollution reduces the insulation of power transmission and transformation lines, which can easily lead to pollution flashover accidents and cause serious losses. One of the current measures to prevent pollution flashover is to apply RTV silicone rubber paint. However, RTV silicone rubber coatings are subject to long-term erosion such as wind, sun, rain, discharge ablation, etc. during use, and there will be cracks, peeling, electrical corrosion loss, and water-repellent performance degradation. Pollution flashover caused by failure. In order to further improve the performance of RTV silicone rubber coatings, people have conducted a lot of research on the performance and influencing factors of silicone rubber for anti-pollution flashover coatings. Studies have found that the higher the silica content, the greater the thermal conductivity of silicone rubber, the stronger the resistance to electric tracking and arc ablation; by adding nano-scale fumed white carbon black and inorganic and organic compound resistance in the formulation Burning agent, can significantly improve the water repellency, oil resistance, flame retardancy and self-cleaning properties of the coating. The addition of fluorine atoms makes the coating have lower surface energy, and the adhesion of ice on its surface is small, and it can fall off under the action of natural forces, which plays a role in preventing ice coating.
With the continuous deepening of research and the continuous improvement of product performance, silicone rubber will be more and more widely used in the power industry, especially in the fields of composite insulators, cold-shrinkable cable accessories, transformers, transformers, and anti-pollution flashover coatings.