The production process of brake pads in automobile brake pad production equipment is as follows: The production process of rubbing materials is mainly divided into two stages: formula screening and mass production. After receiving the order and clarifying the product performance requirements, we must first select the applicable formula, adjust the existing formula or develop a new formula. After testing proves that it can meet user requirements, it is put into mass production. The main links in the production process of friction materials include:
- Material inspection: Perform necessary inspections on the raw materials to be used, and make necessary adjustments to the proportion in the formula according to their physical and chemical index characteristics.
- Ingredients: The raw materials are measured according to the ratio determined by the formula. At present, there are two methods of manual measurement and computer automatic batching system automatic measurement, the latter is advanced and reliable.
- Mixing: Mix the prepared raw materials. Mixing can be divided into wet mixing and semi-dry mixing. Commonly used mixers include three-axis screw type, two-axis type, rake type, etc. The rake type is most commonly used.
- Press forming: divided into one-step forming method and two-step forming method. The one-step forming method is to load the material into a mold and directly hot-press forming; the two-step method first pre-presses the raw material into a blank, and then inserts the hot-pressing mold into the hot-pressing setting.
- Heat treatment: In order to save hot pressing time and improve the working efficiency of the hot press, the chemical effects of resin and other organic components in the friction material after hot pressing are not fully sufficient, so the heat treatment process must be completed at a certain temperature. The commonly used equipment is a heat treatment box that can be programmed and controlled.
- Shape processing: Perform necessary trimming processing on the appearance of the product, such as grinding the surface, chamfering, spray painting, mounting accessories, trademark printing, packaging, etc.
It is generally believed that the friction and wear characteristics of the friction material obtained through the above process have been determined, and subsequent processing can change the appearance but not the performance. But a process called "surface ablation" helps stabilize the initial performance of the friction material. The so-called ablation treatment is to burn the surface of the friction material at a high temperature of 600-700 ° C before leaving the factory to quickly decompose and vaporize organic substances on the surface to prevent heat decay and air cushion in the early stage of braking. The ablation surface depth is generally 1-2mm.